Simmer Pro Recipes is the only WordPress recipe plugin with a recipe library, recipe-card-style food blogging, & the highest-quality code & design.
The WordPress recipe plugin for inspired creators.
Increase traffic and revenue with the best WordPress recipe plugin.
Build your dream site today when you buy this plugin. Simmer Pro is the only recipe plugin featuring built-in search optimization (SEO), social discovery optimization, and incredible quality from the foundation up. No other plugin provides the same out-of-the-box monetization options and deep customization.
I really love Simmer Pro. This plugin has been invaluable to my site. I'm also really impressed with the responsiveness I always get from support. It really makes the plugin a joy to use.
This plugin is the difference between fun and frustration. After a lot of research, demos, and deliberating, I chose Simmer Pro for our recipes.
The simplicity and appearance of the published recipe is one of the best parts of this plugin.
- Do you have an example using the skip to recipe button?
- Yes, this button can be added to any WordPress content. With a single tap visitors can get to the immediate recipe details immediately. This functionality has a positive effect on UX, social sharing, and SEO. See a quick demo of an embedded recipe in a food blog example here.
- Can I edit recipe addresses?
- Yes, recipe authors can edit individual recipe keywords of individual recipes. In addition, the recipe library base permalink structure can also be customized.
- Where can I see examples or mockups of Simmer Pro Recipes?
- Thanks to the control WordPress themes can add to any website, every Simmer Recipe website is absolutely unique. Reference these live examples made with Simmer Pro for your own inspiration..
- Does this plugin make recipe data readable by Google and Pinterest?
- Yes, Simmer Pro formats your recipes automatically for social platforms using structured recipe data and search engine crawlers like Pinterest or Google to feature recipe details directly in search results. This adds greater sharing and reach to the value of your recipes.
- Will Simmer Pro make my blog appear higher in search results like Google (SEO)?
- One of the most important factors in determining your search results rank is the quality of your user experience and code also known as "UX." Websites and apps that are easier for real people to use achieve higher rankings in results.
- Is a developer required to setup recipes?
- No, this is the easiest recipe plugin for beginners and professionals alike using WordPress as a platform. This plugin is built for all levels, including anyone starting for the first time. From installing to creating and sharing your first recipe or library, this plugin doesn't require technical skills beyond uploading a plugin in WordPress.
- Does this plugin import recipes from other recipe plugins?
- Simmer does not provide converters due to the lack of structured data of important recipe details like amount and measurements. This plugin uses a clean, minimal data format, meaning no HTML or other cluttered formatting is added to recipes. This allows easier professional development of recipes into software like iOS or Android apps later. Instead, we recommend using the bulk add tool for ingredients and instructions and importing your recipes individually as you re-publish them with Simmer Pro.
- Is this plugin optimized for readability with screen readers and other accessibility standards?
- Yes, from its foundation Simmer Pro is a recipe plugin that is built with the highest standards in accessibility. Your site can apply these same methods to reach the widest possible customer audience as well.
- Are non-English or multilingual sites supported?
- Yes, recipes on the front and back-ends are translated into more than 180 languages. This plugin also works with WPML, a popular standard in web applications using WordPress for multiple language translations. For more information reference this help article.
- Are recipe addresses customizable?
- Yes, you can use any name including emojis in recipe URLs. The Settings > Simmer admin also allows optional customization of your recipe address structure.
- How can I customize recipe templates?
- Simmer Pro offers two ways to customize the functionality and style of recipes from the ground up. The first is the hook and action filter system bundled into the core of your recipe template files. Code snippets can be added to your active WordPress theme's
functions.phpfile to modify recipe front-ends. You can also completely override these files when you drop in a copy of
recipe.phpto your active WordPress theme.
- Can my visitors easily print recipes?
- Yes, recipes can be printed from the recipe toolbox included in the top right of every recipe. This toolbox includes a print action by default, making offline reference to your content easy. You can also add recipe ratings or recipe saving to enhance the power of this toolbox.
- Does this plugin integrate with any WordPress theme?
- Yes. Simply activate the plugin and test it with your preferred theme. If you find any part where you'd like to add customizations, developers can use the helpful classes built-into each part of recipe front-ends for complete control.
- Will Simmer Pro work on WordPress.com?
- Yes, and a Business plan is required to upload and customize this plugin. Editing and creating recipes from the WordPress admin instead of the standard WordPress.com editor allows WordPress.com site owners to control all parts of this plugin.
- Does this plugin allow me to build a native mobile or web app with recipes?
- Yes, apps and advanced customizations are one of the many powerful options built into the technology of this plugin. Any WordPress developer can use the developer API reference in addition to the code packaged with your purchase to create custom interfaces and technology with recipe data. The Simmer Pro extension store makes a lot of these enhancements for your recipes easy to setup and cost-effective. If you need help with customizations or adding extensions to upgrade your site, contact support. We’re happy to help.
- Can I upgrade Simmer Pro later to fit more sites?
- Yes. Upgrade directly from your account to add Simmer Pro to more sites anytime.
- Will I be able to build a food blog today with this plugin?
- Yes, when you have all of the technical requirements purchased, setup for this product is nearly instant. Plus, you'll always get automatic updates in the future. After purchasing your key, you’ll immediately receive your keys and download which you can also find in your Simmer account. If you need to download the plugin again in the future, you can go to API Downloads. After activating the plugin with your key and our simple quickstart guide, go to Recipes > Add New menu in your WordPress admin.
- How much money can I make selling my recipes? Can I make money with recipes using this plugin?
- Simmer Pro Recipes are customized through an optional set of extensions. To add-on monetization to your recipes, get the Simmer Recipe Paywall extension. This is a powerful plugin that adds content eCommerce done-for-you, with a combined payment processor and portal system automated by Piano. Setup a new eCommerce business for your recipes instantly without the trouble of complicated 3rd party services. Earn money from your original creations with a paywall. Follow these helpful instructions for more info.
- Can I include links, sub-headings, and images or video in my recipes?
- Yes, any oEmbed format supported in WordPress in addition to media can be embedded into recipes. Simmer Pro also features a unique interface that allows you to shuffle and remix recipe ingredients, instructions, and sub-headings fast. Add links to ingredients, or other affiliated pages and products.
- What is a WordPress plugin?
- Plugins are helpful add-ons—like mini programs—that make your website even better. WordPress plugins are made for the WordPress software system.
- How do I purchase a product?
- Find the product you want to purchase, select your option or package, and click on the Buy button. You’ll then be taken to our checkout page where you can log into your existing Simmer account to use saved information or register a new account. The checkout process is after the register area.
- Is buying a Simmer plugin or Simmer Pro extension a one-time charge?
- When purchasing a Simmer product, you are purchasing a subscription for an activation and license key. All keys are bundled with updates and support, and renew annually.
- Do you offer refunds?
- We want to make sure you love Simmer Pro Recipes. We've included a 15-day return policy for all new Simmer Pro orders. Get your money back if you aren't satisfied. Reference our simple purchase policy for full details.
- How many websites are included?
- Each plan offers single site key, five site keys, or up to 25 site keys. These keys are bundled in simple subscription choices that unlock activation of the plugin, support, and future updates. If you need an extra key for development on a local computer or development domain that matches your main site, contact support.
- Do you offer bulk pricing?
- Yes, the Enterprise plan offers bulk pricing for a substantial discount on Simmer Pro keys. In addition, our support team is available to provide pricing for more than 25 or 50 sites.
- Are automatic updates included with Simmer Pro?
- Yes, automatic updates are enabled for sites with an active key. Keep your subscription active to keep getting updates.
- How does my key work?
- Your key connects your site to our update servers for this plugin in addition to redeeming support. Your key renews annually and is required to get updates for upcoming releases of the plugin.
- Where can I cancel Simmer Pro or its extensions?
- Easily cancel your Simmer Pro key anytime directly from your Simmer account. For help to get your site running beautifully, contact support. We are happy to login to your WordPress admin and help.
- What happens when my key expires?
- If you decide not to renew, your recipes will continue working the same way until the plugin needs to be re-activated. However, you will not be able to automatically download and install plugin updates. By renewing your keys yearly, you can ensure your website has access to plugin updates when you need them.
- Can I share my key with clients or on client sites?
- Yes. When contacting support, please provide your key and the connected billing email. However, we always recommend your client purchase keys separately. Resale or redistribution is not permitted.
- Will deactivating a site free up my activation limit?
- Yes, and keys can be deactivated both from your WordPress admin and your Simmer account. Deactivating a site immediately frees the activation for another site.
- Are Simmer Pro keys ready for local development?
- Yes, keys can be activated on local or remote development sites. For help setting up a development environment to backup your site's software files including Simmer Pro, please contact support.
- What is the difference between a WordPress plugin and a Simmer Pro Extension?
- An extension is a WordPress plugin that requires a base plugin to work and function. In this case, you must have the Simmer Pro plugin installed to use recipe extensions.
We practice a lean product development approach at Simmer, which means we do not believe in adding unnecessary features. This would cause extra product bloat and potentially slow down your site. Our extensions are built separately and recipes can be customized in any format imaginable with your chosen WordPress theme combined with Simmer.
For more answers check our Help Articles